Deadline: 28 February 2019
The World Food Programme is inviting applications for its Innovation Accelerator Programme.
WFP’s Innovation Accelerator identifies, nurtures and scales bold solutions to hunger globally. They support WFP innovators and external start-ups and companies through financial support, access to a network of experts and a global field reach.
The Accelerator believes the way forward in the fight against hunger is not necessarily in building grand plans, but identifying and testing solutions in an agile way. It is a space where the world can find out what works and what doesn’t in addressing hunger – a place where we can be bold, and fail as well as succeed.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- If applicants are a start-up…
- Their start-up must be incorporated at the time of application. It can be for profit or not for profit.
- Their innovation must at least be at the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage. Proof of concept is preferred.
- Their proposal must show how working with WFP will serve their long-term strategy.
- If applicants are a WFP employee…
- Their team must have evidence of Country Office support and management buy-in.
- Everybody working at WFP is encouraged to apply, regardless of their contract type or function.
- They accept project applications from WFP employees who are collaborating with NGOs, government or private sector.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applications to the WFP Innovation Accelerator are scored according to a standard set of criteria, and are reviewed by both internal and external experts. They look for startups that meet the following expectations:
- Impact for the people they serve and potential to reach Zero Hunger
- Feasibility, including time to deliver impact, technology maturity, and user traction
- Level of innovation
- Financial sustainability with a clear business case that does not rely on WFP funding
- Team strength, experience, and commitment
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://innovation.wfp.org/apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.