Deadline: 28 February 2019
The World Food Programme is inviting applications for its Innovation Accelerator Programme.
WFP’s Innovation Accelerator identifies, nurtures and scales bold solutions to hunger globally. They support WFP innovators and external start-ups and companies through financial support, access to a network of experts and a global field reach.
The Accelerator believes the way forward in the fight against hunger is not necessarily in building grand plans, but identifying and testing solutions in an agile way. It is a space where the world can find out what works and what doesn’t in addressing hunger – a place where we can be bold, and fail as well as succeed.
- If applicants are a start-up…
- Their start-up must be incorporated at the time of application. It can be for profit or not for profit.
- Their innovation must at least be at the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage. Proof of concept is preferred.
- Their proposal must show how working with WFP will serve their long-term strategy.
- If applicants are a WFP employee…
- Their team must have evidence of Country Office support and management buy-in.
- Everybody working at WFP is encouraged to apply, regardless of their contract type or function.
- They accept project applications from WFP employees who are collaborating with NGOs, government or private sector.
Applications to the WFP Innovation Accelerator are scored according to a standard set of criteria, and are reviewed by both internal and external experts. They look for startups that meet the following expectations:
- Impact for the people they serve and potential to reach Zero Hunger
- Feasibility, including time to deliver impact, technology maturity, and user traction
- Level of innovation
- Financial sustainability with a clear business case that does not rely on WFP funding
- Team strength, experience, and commitment
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://innovation.wfp.org/apply