Deadline: 26 August 2019
Are you a Female Founder that has already launched a business that is making a difference in their community or in the lives of the women and girls (by improving education, health, homes or creating good jobs)? Do you want to scale their venture to impact many more people? Are you on a clear path to revenue? If yes, then apply now for the yher South Asia 2019 Accelerator Program.
Applications are now open for yher South Asia 2019 Accelerator Program which is a powerful opportunity for passionate female impact entrepreneurs in South Asia who are at the early stages of building businesses and organisations that exist to change their communities, with a preference for those who are improving the lives of people in South Asia.
Their exclusive accelerator program aims to back female-led impact ventures across South Asia.
This program runs in a number of stages:
- TRAINING: A week-long intensive entrepreneurship program designed to fast track applicant’s early stage venture. ygap will provide training and mentorship while also connecting applicants to an inspiring group of fellow female entrepreneurs working hard to create a better world.
- SHOWCASE: An opportunity for applicants to network with potential funders, mentors and supporters and to pitch their venture as the week comes to a close at an exclusive, invite-only showcase event.
- SUPPORT: Following the week long training, they provide applicant’s venture with six months of business support, tailored mentorship opportunities, perks from ygap’s partners, and access to small grants of up to $1,000. This package of support is designed to help them build a bulletproof strategy for impact and growth.
- FUNDING: A total of $10,000 AUD in prize funding is awarded at the Showcase event to the winners of their peer review and audience votes, with an additional $40,000 AUD total in grant funding or investment to be awarded at the end of the 6 month program between the two most promising ventures.
- COMMUNITY: Ongoing connection with their virtual community to help applicants along their entrepreneurial journey. Keep each other inspired and accountable with monthly check-ins and knowledge sharing.
PROGRAM DATES: 18th-24th October 2019
They’re looking for:
- Female-Led Ventures: Applicants must have at least one female co-founder who will participate in the program.
- Local: Applicants intimately understand the problem that they are trying to solve.
- Social Impact: Applicants’ venture must exist to improve the lives of people living in poverty.
- Support Women and Girls: While not required, they preference ventures that have a clear mandate or mission to uplift females in some way.
- In the Early Stages: Applicants will have already launched a venture or run a pilot and have some early traction or proof of concept. Applicants will typically have less than 100 customers or clients and have been in operation less than two years.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://ygap.org/yhersouthasia/