Does your startup have a discovery in Synthetic Biology, which can save the planet? Braid Theory is looking for Synthetic Biology startups and solutions which have applications in Climate, and Ocean-Marine-Maritime for our Pre-Accelerator program, beginning in Aug 2023.
The Pre-Accelerator follows a 90-day curriculum-based instructional and milestone approach, with 6 additional months of support. They are focused on industries and adjacencies in the Blue Economy, where Braid Theory has been a long established leader and expert, with a proven track record of success with startups and scale-ups, and can provide exceptional value, domain expertise, and connections to industry. Startups will work with a team of advisors and instructors on reaching milestones, to accelerate business growth, that puts teams on a path to commercialization. Work with Braid Theory’s market partners to find a path forward for your technology
A 2% – 3% warrant is taken in each company accepted into the program, for 3-5 years depending on TRL.
- Teams should be prepared to focus on these three areas when accepted into the program, for company success:
- Strong and defensible IP;
- Business model;
- Product-market fit.
- Access to the unique waterfront facility, located at the AltaSea at the Port of Los Angeles campus, which includes a Synthetic Biology/Biochemistry Lab fr a small group of teams, and a comfortable Coworking Space.
- Access to the MOANA Angel Network, connections to capital, and other funding including grants, and sources of undiluted capital.
- Package of services valued at over $250k including use of lab space and instruments, legal services package, perks and program support.
- Startups should be working on key scientific research and application in bioinformatics, omics, platform/tools, automation or product.
- Startups should have a strong technology and market readiness TRL 3-5.
- Technology and science founders from underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Startups may be selected from university teams conducting research or entertaining a commercialization pathway for their discoveries and ideas.
- Teams should have at least one PI (Principal Investigator) co-founder, one EL (Entrepreneurial Lead) co-founder; two founders are required. Teams do not have to be located in the US to apply; however, at least one team member should be prepared to travel to Los Angeles to participate. Have at least a beta/prototype and/or a POC.
- Looking for Companies:
- in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Genetics, Life Sciences, Biofuels, Water Treatment, Fertilizers, Food Science, Laboratory Research, Agricultural Biotechnology, Biological Food Safety, Life Sciences Supply Chain, Ocean, Bioenergy, Biotech R&D, Life Sciences Tech, Synthetic Biology, Computational Biology, Life Sciences Tools
- located in Cambridge (United States), College Station (United States), Los Angeles (United States), San Diego (United States), San Francisco (United States), Africa, Asia, Australia/NZ, Caribbean, Eastern Europe, Europe, Middle East, North America, South America
- incorporated or not
- idea, prototype or users stage
- Angel, Pre-seed or Seed
- have raised funding or not
- currently raising or not raising funds
- have revenue or not
For more information, visit Braid Theory.