Techstars Berlin Accelerator Program is now open to welcome entrepreneurs who want to access capital, talent and opportunity, as one of the most inclusive, diverse and fastest growing early-stage entrepreneurial ecosystems in the world.
Techstars accelerators have one goal: to help entrepreneurs succeed. During each three-month program, they surround companies with the best mentors and an unrivaled network of corporate partners, investors, and alumni.
Techstars provides funding and fundraising opportunities, workshops and curated resources, not to mention countless moments where you can learn from your peers. It’s a proven model that’s helped build thousands of successful companies, all over the world.
- Techstars provides accelerator portfolio companies with access to financial, human, and intellectual capital to fuel the success of their business.
- Techstars contributes $20,000, which is commonly used as a stipend to support living expenses during the program, and in return receives 6% equity of the company (on a fully diluted basis, issued as common stock) until the company raises a priced equity financing of US $250,000 or more (a “Qualified Financing”). However, if a company conducts a Network Launch using distributed ledger technology (i.e. a blockchain initial coin offering, token event, etc.), then Techstars will also receive 6% of the Token Reserve (i.e. the tokens “held back” for the founders and the company at Network Launch).
- Additionally, upon acceptance to a Techstars mentorship-driven accelerator, every company is offered an optional $100,000 convertible note.
- Access to Techstars resources for life;
- Acceleration in a 90-day Techstars mentorship-driven accelerator program with personal mentorship and office space;
- Lifetime access to the Techstars worldwide network of entrepreneurs, including more than 10,000 mentors, 10,000 investors, 1,600 alumni companies, and over 200 staff members;
- Access to over $400k of cash equivalent hosting, accounting, and legal support—plus other credits and perks worth more than $5M;
- Demo Day exposure and other investor connections.
- Historically, on average, Techstars companies go on to raise more than $2M of outside capital after the program.
- Techstars funds all types of startups, working in all verticals, using any type of business models. Do keep in mind, however, that the focus is on startups rather than small businesses.
- The Techstars program will provide you with the healthiest possible start and greatly improve your chances for success and sustainability. Once they invest, they are motivated to help you succeed by introducing you to people who can help, assisting you with strategy, finding more investors, and generally helping you win all along your entrepreneurial journey.
- Techstars do their best to avoid accepting competitive companies into the same program class. However, with the growing number of Techstars companies, there may be competitive companies in the broader Techstars network. In the event there is a company in the Techstars portfolio that’s competitive, they work tirelessly to ensure there is no exchange of sensitive data.
For more information, visit Techstars.