Deadline: 30 June 2016
The Arab Gulf Programme for Development (AGFUND) has announced International Prize in the field of “Empowerment and Social Integration of Refugees and Internally Displaced people”.
AGFUND Prize aims to:
- Support the distinguished efforts aiming at the promotion and development of the concepts and dimensions of human development.
- Disseminate the successful project experiences.
- Highlight the best practices, which aim to improve the living conditions of the poor and disadvantaged with particular emphasis on women and children.
- Enhance the exchange of experiences and develop better mechanisms to find solutions to the problems of poverty, marginalization and socioeconomic exclusion of vulnerable groups.
The Prize is divided into four categories as follows:
- First Category : (US$ 200,000) Innovative projects that support the developing countries’ programs & polices for the empowerment and social integration of refugees and internally displaced people (For projects implemented by UN, international or regional organizations).
- Second Category: (US$ 150,000) The NGOs-led efforts for the empowerment and social integration of refugees and internally displaced people (For projects implemented by national NGOs)
- Third Category : (US$ 100,000) Innovative governmental projects for the empowerment and social integration of refugees and internally displaced people (For projects by ministries and public institutions)
- Fourth Category: (US$ 50,000 ) Individual-led initiatives for the empowerment and social integration of refugees and internally displaced people (For projects initiated, sponsored and/or implemented by individuals).
Nominations are invited from the UN, international and regional organizations, ministries and public institutions, NGOs, universities and research centers around the world.
How to Apply
Eligible nominees must submit the nomination form along with required documents via email.
For more information, please visit AGFUND.