Deadline: 13 January 2017
Applications are open for the 2017 conference “TransCon” to learn, educate and empower the transgender and gender non-conforming community and their allies.
TransCon is a conference by Aqua Foundation for Women for the transgender community. It serves as a space to educate and empower the transgender community as well as allies.
For 2017 the TransCon planning committee is looking for the following workshop topics:
- Social Justice Issues
- Community Organizing
- Self-Care Techniques/Coping/Healing Exercises
- Trans Legal Issues
- Eligibility Criteria
- Anyone can submit a proposal for a workshop. The only requirement is that the workshop content be directly related to Trans issues.
How to Apply
Proposal information should include ALL of the following:
- Proposed title of workshop (12 word limit): The topic of the workshop should be clear from reading the title, and the title should be as concise as possible.
- Workshop length (1hr): Must be no more than 1 hour.
- Intended Audience: Please specify if your audience is specifically the trans community adult or youth–providers, allies or general public. Keep in mind TransCon is a community based conference that tailors to the community at large.
- Description (150 words or less): Describe the topic and content of the presentation.
- Outline: Provide a detailed outline of content for review.
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit TransCon 2017.