Deadline: 8 September 2017
The Japan Foreign Trade Council (JFTC) is inviting applicants for its JFTC Essay Competition 2017 to encourage students, young researchers and business people to express their opinions on matters of national and international importance.
- What advantages are people around the world gaining through free trade, and, to the contrary, what are the disadvantages?
- What kinds of measures are conceivable in order to further increase the advantages while reducing the disadvantages?
- In addition, what should “those concerned” do in order to achieve these measures?
- One Grand Prize of ¥1,000,000
- Three Prizes for Excellence of ¥200,000 each
- The award winners from abroad will be provided with a round-trip air ticket to Tokyo, Japan to attend the award ceremony to be held on January 5, 2018.
- Anyone can apply for the essay competition, regardless of nationality or age.
- English (2,000-4,000 words) or Japanese (5,000-10,000 characters). Each essay MUST BE accompanied by an essay summary of no more than 400words in English/ 1,000 Japanese characters.
- One diagram or chart is counted as 200 words. If the number of the words, including diagram or charts, is less than half of 4,000 words or more than the limitation, such work could be disqualified.
How to Apply
Interested applicant can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit JFTC Essay Competition 2017.