Deadline: 29 July 2016
Applications are open for the WAITRO Innovation Award 2016 with a motive to reward innovations with significant social or economic impact produced with major contribution. WAITRO´s objective is to enable the development of action-oriented partnerships for sustainable development.
- Create an ever growing database of researchers, technologists and innovators to facilitate networking and collaboration.
- Illustrate RTOs key contributions to innovation and their efforts in sustainable economic development, environmental issues and improved standards of living (environmentally friendly and sustainable initiatives).
- Consolidate WAITRO’s Value Proposition through its programs for members and beneficiaries.
- Social Innovation:
- The original initiatives submitted must demonstrate a new significant contribution to the improvement of the quality of life and well-being of a community by leveraging science and technology.
- Open for RTOs from all around the world with a successful innovation in a developing country.
- Business Innovation:
- The works submitted must have created a new (for a market or industry) offering (products, services) by leveraging science and technology, which must have already returned value breaking into the market.
- Open for RTOs exclusively from developing countries with a successful business innovation in any market or industry.
This award is a competition open to all WAITRO members as well as non-member Research and Technology Organizations (RTOs) but in the latter case, the RTO shall have a representative who is already registered to attend the 23rd WAITRO Biennial Congress, which will be held in September, 2016, in Medellin, Colombia.
- Selection of the Finalist: Last week of August, 2016.
- Evaluation Committee Analysis: First three weeks of September, 2016.
- Evaluation Committee Scrutiny: September 27th, 2016.
- Ceremony: September29th, 2016 (Estelar Milla de Oro Hotel, Medellin, Colombia)
How to Apply
Applicants must download the application form via given website.
Foe more information, please visit WAITRO Innovation Award.