Deadline: 31 May 2016
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking applications from qualified U.S. and Non-U.S. organizations to fund a program entitled Moderate Voices (MOVO) with an aim to form lasting partnerships to amplify moderate voices in communities as well as national and regional networks and institutions.
MOVO will be a five-year regional messaging and communication effort that leverages both traditional and new media to counter violent extremism and promote democracy, human rights and governance.
It will use a strategic information campaigns to tackle difficult, long-standing issues critical to Violent Extremism (VE) vulnerability as well as to respond directly to events and hot topics and will integrate with other United States Government countering violent extremism (USG CVE) and messaging efforts, such as State and USAID-funded programs, Public Affairs Sections and Military Information Support Teams (MIST) in the region
- Focus on pull factors
- Build partnerships to support native narratives
- Seek inter-agency and intra-agency coordination
- Build on accumulated messaging knowledge, but do not be bound by it
- Formulate a regional response to a regional issue
- Focus on content
- Rigorous attention to audience
- Learn and adapt continuously
Funding Information: Subject to funding availability, USAID intends to provide $24,981,235 in total USAID funding over a five-year period.
- U.S. and non-U.S. Non-governmental organizations (NGOs), private voluntary organizations (PVOs), for-profit companies willing to forego profit, colleges and universities, and Public International Organizations are eligible to submit applications. Faith-based and community organizations that fit the criteria above are also eligible to apply.
- Applicant(s) must have established financial management, monitoring and evaluation, internal control systems, and policies and procedures that comply with established U.S. Government standards, laws, and regulations.
- The successful applicant(s) will be subject to a responsibility determination (may include a Pre-award Survey) issued by a warranted Agreements Officer (AO) in USAID.
- The Recipient must be a responsible entity.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations which have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their applications electronically via given website.
For more information, please visit Moderate Voices.