Deadline: 30 November 2017
Entries are open for the 2018 Ockenden International Prize to recognize and reward innovative work that fosters self-reliance for refugees and/or internally displaced people (IDPs) anywhere in the world.
The Ockenden International Prizes remain focused on identifying solutions to the challenges faced by displaced people, raising awareness of their needs, and rewarding outstanding projects.
The four winner will get a prize of GBP25,000.
- Entrants can apply on their own organization’s behalf or nominate a non-profit partner or affiliated organization.
- There are no geographical limits on the locations of submitted projects.
- Applicant organisations must have high standards of governance – financial and administrative.
- Where available, applicants must include a copy of their organisation’s – or nominated organisation’s – latest audited, abbreviated accounts with their application. Where audited accounts are not available, short-listed applicants will be asked to provide alternative evidence of sound financial governance.
- Applicants may submit one entry only in each prize year. Unsuccessful applicants are welcome to reapply in future years.
- The project, programme or activity (referred to as the ‘project’) is the focus of the application.
The judges will, in particular, look for:
- Initiatives that promote self-reliance among refugees and/or displaced people. This may include (but is not limited to) projects that are led by or have a high level of participation from displaced people themselves; projects providing education, legal assistance, livelihoods assistance or any other programmes that help refugees and/or displaced people build stable, independent lives.
- Approaches that have proved to be highly effective in improving the lives of refugees and/or displaced people.
- Initiatives that lead to real change in the lives of refugees or displaced people.
- Effective initiatives, with measureable evidence of project/programme outcomes.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must fill the online entry form via given website.
For more information, please visit Ockenden International Prize.