Deadline: 22 March 2017
The Swiss Re Foundation is currently accepting proposals for its International ReSource Award to enhance resilience in water management. The ReSource Award focuses on social entrepreneurial approaches applied to water-related social and/or ecological issues.
The International ReSource Award is worth a total of USD 150 000 in funds including non-financial contributions in the form of expert advice and coaching support to three finalists and the winner.
ReSource Award Criteria
The short and full proposals submitted will be assessed with regard to the following areas:
- Social and ecological challenge: The proposal demonstrates a profound and authentic understanding of the social and ecological problem to be addressed.
- Impact: The expected social, ecological and economic impact is clearly defined and in line with the scope of the ReSource Award.
- Approach: The proposal outlines a compelling social entrepreneurial approach to address the defined challenge. The defined goal and expected impact can realistically be achieved with the approach presented.
- Financials: There is a financially viable business plan in place based on clear and logical assumptions.
- Competencies: A qualified team with appropriate skills and track record is in place.
- Risk management: All relevant risk drivers and related prevention and risk mitigation measures are defined.
- Applicants with the skills, resources and commitment to launch and manage a social entrepreneurial initiative related to sustainable water management practices are invited to apply for the ReSource Award.
- Charities, non-profit organisations and revenue-generating social enterprises are invited to submit proposals for novel, entrepreneurial solutions in sustainable water management.
- Only proposals are being considered that are designed to be implemented in low, lower-middle and upper-middle-income countries as classified by the World Bank in terms of per-capita GDP.
- Originators (for example, a team or organisation) may not submit more than one proposal a year.
- The ReSource Award intends to partner up directly with social purpose organisations with existing or planned revenue generating activities. Accordingly, intermediary institutions that support social entrepreneurs are not supported under the Award.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
Low-Income Countries: Afghanistan, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, The, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Korea, Dem. People’s Rep., Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zimbabwe.
Lower-Middle-Income Countries: Armenia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bolivia, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Congo, Rep., Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lesotho, Mauritania, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Myanmar, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tunisia, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia
Upper-Middle-Income Countries: Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belize, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic , Equatorial Guinea, Ecuador, Fiji, Gabon, Georgia, Grenada, Guyana, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Lebanon, Libya, Macedonia, FYR, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Namibia, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru , Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, South Africa, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Venezuela, RB.
For more information, please visit ReSource Award.