Deadline: 31 July 2016
The competition aims to recognise and foster innovation around projects focused on the all aspects of the forest-products industry.
The inaugural theme is centred on ‘game changing technologies ― unfolding the potential of forest, paper and wood-based products’.
The theme includes two sub areas and their respective research lines:
- Future generation forestry
- Forest tree breeding and biotechnology
- Precision forestry
- Measurements and inventory
- Innovation in the wood-based industry
- Analysis and properties of pulp and paper
- Facilities, instrument and process control
- Bioproducts and wood chemistry
- Recycling, deinking and environment
- Timber for construction
- Material substitution with wood
- The global biennial programme will grant up to three awards to the most attractive submissions
- It is an excellent opportunity for local researchers to gain international exposure as the national winners will then be reviewed by an international exposure as the national winners will then be interviewed by an international panel.
- The overall shortlisted researchers will give presentations at the meeting of international CEOs at the ICFPPA meeting in Berlin in June 2017.
Young researchers: students and other researchers under the age of 30 who are carrying out research and innovation projects relevant to forestry, forest products processing technologies and forest products in an academia, public or private research centre, company research and innovation department.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications and all supporting documents via email.
For more information, please visit Blue Sky Award.