Applications are open for 1776 Challenge Cup 2017, a global competition for the world’s most promising startups tackling complex, regulated challenges to share their vision on a global stage, and engage with industry leaders.
Over 1,000 startups will compete in the first round of Challenge Cup in 75 cities across six continents. Many Challenge Cup competitions will take place in state or country capitals, a critical component to engaging governments and stakeholders with the startup ecosystem so they can support startups working in complex, regulated industries.
Whether it be Prima-Temp in Denver or MyPeegu in Bangalore, startups are solving some of our world’s most complex challenges. Challenge Cup breaks down the barriers to access, resources and funding that most startups experience outside of Silicon Valley.
- Local level
- Through 1776’s UNION network, all competitors in Challenge Cup Locals will have access to expert advice, accelerator curriculum, pitch coaching and the ability to network with startup competitors around the world for the duration of their time in the competition.
- One (1) winner from each Local competition will advance to the Global Finals, held during the Challenge Festival in New York City from November 13-17, 2017. The winning startup will receive:
- One flight and hotel package to attend and participate in the Global Finals.
- Publicity via the 1776 website, social media channels and newsletter.
- Global Finals level
One winner from each Challenge Cup Local will travel to New York City to compete in the Global Finals at the Challenge Festival. These startups will have the opportunity to share their ideas on a global stage and compete for grand prizes. All competitors will receive:
- A round trip ticket and hotel stay in New York City to compete in the Global Finals at Challenge Festival.
- Exclusive access to 1776’s UNION network, connecting thousands of entrepreneurs, mentors, experts, investors, and startup ecosystems worldwide.
- Onsite programming at Challenge Festival as well as direct connections to potential funders, clients, mentors and 75 of the top startup founders from around the world.
All startups must meet these criteria in order to apply to compete in Challenge Cup:
- Sector — A startup must be working within one of these critical industries or emerging technologies:
- For-profit: A startup must be a for-profit business.
- Scalability: A startup must offer a scalable product or service and be in a market with measurable traction
- Stage: A startup must be beyond “idea stage.” Having a pilot program or an MVP in market is required. While traction may be limited, there should be identifiable traction post-launch.
- Funding: A startup must have under $2.5MM USD in venture funding at the time of application.
- Revenue: A startup must have less than $3MM USD in revenue booked to date.
- Location: A startup does not need proof of regional affiliation. (If based in Miami but want to compete in Dublin).
- Washington, DC, USA: May 22, 2017, Application Close: May 5, 2017
- Durham, USA: May 24, 2017, Application Close: May 5, 2017
- Accra, Ghana: May 27, 2017, Application Close: May 5, 2017
- Milan, Italy: June 15, 2017, Application Close: May 19, 2017
- Wilmington, USA: June 23, 2017, Application Close: June 2, 2017
- New York City, USA: July 5, 2017, Application Close: June 9, 2017
- Seoul, South Korea: July 5, 2017, Applications Close: June 16, 2017
- Tokyo, Japan: July 25, 2017, Application Close: June 30, 2017
- Osaka, Japan: July 28, 2017, Application Close: June 30, 2017
- Dubai, UAE: August 16, 2017, Application Close: July 21, 2017
- Nairobi, Kenya: August 22, 2017, Application Close: July 28, 2017
- Cochabamba, Bolivia: September 7, 2017, Applications Close: August 11, 2017
- Athens, Greece: September 8, 2017, Application Close: August 11, 2017
- Dublin, Ireland: September 14, 2017, Application Close: August 18, 2017
- Philadelphia, USA: September 21, 2017, Application Close: August 25, 2017
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit 1776 Challenge Cup 2017.