The Arab Human Rights Fund is a non-profit organization established to support human rights in the Arab Region and it is committed to managing its business according to the principles of transparency and accountability.
Arab Human Rights Fund is committed to all the rights listed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, the world’s most translated document, and all relevant international conventions and treaties.
The fund supports the promotion of human rights, protect and provide civil rights, political, economic, social, and cultural – and human rights for all groups, such as women, children, minorities, and persons with disabilities.
The Fund will award grants up to $40,000 per grant and not per grantee. The Fund will also make multi-year grants for up to three years.
- The provision of financial and technical support – for human rights defenders in the Arab region, individuals and organizations.
- Securing resources to initiatives for human rights and the human rights community of institutions and individuals from within and outside the region.
- The promotion of social justice and tender for Human Rights, to ensure the continuity of long-term support for the efforts of human rights defenders in the region.
Types of Grants
- On capacity building
- Operating expenses
- Documentation and reporting on human rights violations
- Calling for the government’s commitment to human rights standards
- Public education to inform people of their human rights and how to exercise
- Networking and building alliances for the implementation of campaigns on human rights issues
- Litigation in human rights in local, regional court cases, and / or international
The fund supports:
- Non-governmental organizations working in the field of human rights and networks, and coalitions (registered Giralmsgelh)
- Institutionalized organizations with a record of good work, and new groups and Giralsmh which Tzarakaddrh the implementation of important initiatives
- Organizations that work to defend human rights in forced exile
- Programs and initiatives on human rights carried out by the local development bodies and other non-governmental organizations, and educational institution.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply for grants only through grants gate through entrance link mentioned on the website.
As a FundsforNGOs Premium Member, you can download our full resource guide PDF on ‘Apply Anytime: Grants that are open throughout the Year.’ Not a Premium Member? Sign up and get access to hundreds of downloadable PDFs that will take you to the next level of fundraising. Donor database, sample proposals, calendar overview of latest grants, training videos, priority funding alerts, online sessions with fundraising experts and guaranteed participation in one live webinar. Sign up here!