Deadline: 20 January 2017
Applications are open for 2017 Cheng Long Wetlands International Environmental Art Project under the theme “Take Action, Live with Change” to raise awareness about collective environmental responsibility and how people can work together in harmony with nature to rebuild and readjust to a changing environment.
The artworks will emphasize the natural cycle of life: birth, life, death and then rebirth, and engage the community to take action to make the environment better for living with the changes.
Selected Artists Receive: Award of NT$60,000 (about US$2,000), airfare, accommodations, food, local transportation, volunteer help and free local natural & recycled materials.
- Artists from all countries are invited to send a proposal.
- Artists who apply should have experience working with children and communities to create large scale site-specific outdoor sculpture installations in public settings and involve ordinary people in their thoughts and process.
- The artists should also have an interest in environmental issues related to wetlands.
- The selected artists should be able to speak English and be able to get along well with other artists, the local community and people of all ages and backgrounds.
- The selected artists should also be able to introduce their home culture to the community and share the environmental concerns of their own part of the world.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Environmental Art Project.