Deadline: 30 September 2016
The Multi Sectoral Working group on Combatting Corruption–East Africa Region is inviting papers on the implementation of the African Convention on Combatting and Preventing Corruption.
- Encourage and promote new thinking and debate on issues that the MSWG is exploring through its knowledge generation and research.
- Encourage submissions based on primary sources, personal research and innovative thinking.
- Papers are accepted in English, French and Portuguese, up to 2,000 words in length, and those selected will be published on website and invited to present their winning paper to the CSO Forum on December 5-7 in Arusha.
- Winners will also receive an honorarium of US$400.
- Establish, maintain and strengthen independent national anti-corruption authorities or agencies.
- Adopt legislative and other measures to protect informants and witnesses in corruption and related offences, including protection of their identities.
- Require all or designated public officials to declare their assets at the time of assumption of office, during and after their term of office in the public service.
- Access to Information – Each State Party shall adopt such legislative and other measures to give effect to the right of access to any information that is required to assist in the fight against corruption and related offences.
- Funding of Political Parties- Each State Party shall adopt legislative and other measures to:
- Proscribe the use of funds acquired through illegal and corrupt practices to finance political parties
- Incorporate the principle of transparency into funding of political parties.
- Adopt legislative and other measures to prevent and combat acts of corruption and related offences committed in and by agents of the private sector.
- Create an enabling environment that will enable civil society and the media to hold governments to the highest levels of transparency and accountability in the management of public affairs.
- Ensure that the Media is given access to information in cases of corruption and related offences on condition that the dissemination of such information does not adversely affect the investigation process and the right to a fair trial.
How to Apply
Applications must be submit via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit MSWG.