Deadline: 25 June 2017
UNESCO has launched a call for proposals for young change-makers to attend the 10th UNESCO Youth Forum, entitled “Rethinking Youth Engagement with UNESCO” (25-26 October 2017, UNESCO Headquarters, Paris, France).
The primary aim of the Forum is to build sustainable relationships with young change-makers who are leading or co-shaping impactful initiatives in a UNESCO field of competence (education, science, culture, communication and information).
The Forum is looking for engaged young women and men that have first-hand experience of the issues tackled by UNESCO and who are ready to commit to work alongside the Organization in developing solutions.
- The young woman or man must be working in an area related to UNESCO’s mandate,
- They must also be ready to commit to collaborate with UNESCO on opportunities that may arise within their area of specialization with a view to promoting peace and development,
- The young woman or man is aged between 18 and 24 at the time of the Forum or, in exceptional circumstances, within the youth age definition of their country of origin,
- The young woman or man has either led or co-shaped an innovative social initiative that relates to one of UNESCO’s areas of competence, and this initiative has received a significant amount of public recognition/government recognition/media coverage,
- The young woman or man has a story of resilience (the young person has overcome odds / defied expectation to achieve their objective).
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit 10th UNESCO Youth Forum.