Deadline: 30 June 2016
Department of Science and Technology (DST) and the National Research Foundation (NRF) are currently inviting applicants for its Conference Fund 2017 in order to support the hosting of international conferences focused on excellent scientific research that has potential for socio‐economic impact.
The funding platform makes provision for strategic, large events of an international nature, hosted in South Africa, or on behalf of South Africa abroad.
- Promote South Africa as a science destination
- Increase the competitiveness of the South African National System of Innovation (NSI)
- Showcase South Africa’s scientific endeavors and infrastructure, and to build capacity within the NSI
- Enhance networking within the science system
- Foster international collaboration in order to improve the quality of research outputs by researchers
All researchers who are full‐time employees or on a fixed‐term contract (minimum 12 months) at any of the following institutions are eligible to apply:
- South African universities /universities of technology
- Recognised national research institutions such as the national facilities
- Science Councils
- Members of the International Council for Science (ICSU) National Committees (with
- recognition of the above institutional affiliation to adhere to the list of qualifying institutions
- that may receive grants)
- The applicant must be a member of the conference organising committee and must be in
- possession of a PhD degree
- Researchers from private/commercial institutions are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted electronically at the NRF Online Submission System via given website.
Eligible Country: South Africa
For more information, please visit Conference Fund 2017.