Deadline: 25 May 2018
The University of St Andrews and independent exploration and production company ConocoPhillips has announced a call for entries for St Andrews Prize for the Environment 2019 to find innovative solutions to environmental challenges across the world.
The solutions should be practical, scalable and able to be replicated in other places, combining good science, economic reality and political acceptability. The Prize offers people from all backgrounds around the world the chance to help transform their environmental ideas into reality and provides a network of connections and support.
The winner receives funding of $100,000 USD and each of the other two finalists receives $25,000 USD.
- Applications are accepted from individuals, multi-disciplinary teams and community groups for this annual prize.
- To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be related to sustainable development and be aligned with the UN Goals for Sustainable Development – explain the alignment.
- Be related to community progress allied with smart and innovative development and use of the earth’s environmental resources from air, land and sea.
- Be replicable from one geographic area to another and ideally be scalable in size.
- Have a clearly defined need for funding that will make a step change to the applicant’s aims.
- Have the ability to inspire others in the field.
- Contribute to the global pursuit of sustainability in the short to long-term.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit 2019 St Andrews Prize.