Deadline: 5 December 2016
Entries are open for Global Social Venture Competition 2017 to provide aspiring entrepreneurs with mentoring, exposure, and funding to transform their ideas into businesses that will have positive real world impact.
The Global Social Venture Competition (GSVC) empowers the next generation of social entrepreneurs by providing them with mentoring, exposure, and over $80,000 in prizes to transform their ideas into ventures that address the world’s most pressing challenges.
GSVC awards prizes to early-stage social venture teams that show the highest, most integrated financial and social returns – businesses that demonstrate blended value.
- FIRST PLACE AWARD: $40,000
- SECOND PLACE AWARD: $25,000
- THIRD PLACE AWARD: $10,000
- PRIYA HAJI MEMORIAL AWARD: $2,500
- PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD: $1,500
- QUICK PITCH AWARD: $1,000
- At the GSVC Global Finals, teams from around the world compete in front of panels of leading experts in the fields of social entrepreneurship, innovation, and impact investing for a series of prizes totaling $80,000.
- Applicant’s team must include a student, current or recent graduate, from any level of higher education (undergraduate, masters level/graduate or doctoral) in any area of study in the world;
Recent students must meet the following criteria:
- Recent Bachelor’s degree holders must have completed their degree with four (4) years of the application deadline (December 31, 2016).
- Recent Master’s or Doctoral level degree holders must have completed their degree within two (2) years of the application deadline (December 31, 2016).
- The student or recent student must be actively involved in the venture (i.e., a founder or co-founder, actively participating in development of the business or actively working on the business).
- Applicant’s team should include a statement describing the student’s level of involvement.
- The student or recent student must be one of the team’s presenters and must be available to answer judges’ questions regarding the business in the final two rounds of the competition.
- A team cannot enter the competition more than twice.
- Teams that have competed at the Global Finals may not enter more than once; Regional Partners may put additional limits on the number of times that a team may compete at the regional level.
- All submissions and presentations for the Global Finals round must be in English. Questions from the judges during the Global Finals may be translated from English to the team’s native language, but should be answered in English.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit http://gsvc.org/