Deadline: 31 March 2018
Entries are open for the World Habitat Awards 2018 to recognise and highlight innovative, outstanding and sometimes revolutionary housing ideas, projects and programmes from across the world.
The World Habitat Awards are presented each year in partnership with the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat). Historically the awards were presented on World Habitat Day, which was organised in October each year by UN-Habitat.
- With an international recognition, a prize of £10,000 is made to each of the two winning projects.
- Trophies are also presented to the winning projects and travel and accommodation costs are met for one representative of each winning project to attend the awards ceremony.
- Demonstrate practical, innovative and sustainable solutions to current housing issues faced by countries all around the world
- Can be transferred or adapted for use as appropriate
- Are already being implemented or are completed ie not at design stage or very early stages of development
- View the term habitat from a broad perspective and bring other benefits as well, such as energy or water saving, income generation, social inclusion, community and individual empowerment, health benefits, capacity building or education.
- Any individual, organisation or government who has an innovative and practical solution to housing needs and problems from any country of the world.
- More than one entry can be made by the same individual or organisation.
- Entries should relate to housing projects and processes that are either completed or in progress. Those that are at design stage only or in the very early stages of development cannot be considered.
- Previous entrants can re-submit in subsequent years providing that the project has been further developed in the intervening time period.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit World Habitat Awards 2018.