The European Investment Bank is the only bank owned by and representing the interests of the European Union Member States and provides finance and expertise for sound and sustainable investment projects which contribute to furthering EU policy objectives.
The Bank supports projects that make a significant contribution to growth and employment in Europe.
EIB supports innovative projects from large-scale research to small, specialized spin-outs or digital networks. Supporting investment that is geared towards innovation, skills and greater competitiveness is part of its mission to foster sustainable growth and jobs in Europe.
- Innovation and skills
- Access to finance for smaller businesses
- Environment and climate
- Regional Development
- Investing in Youth
- Austria: EIB supports RDI of Doppelmayr with EUR 25 million
- Germany: EIB hands out first ever loan for refugee housing to promotional bank ILB
- Health, green shipping, and wind farms amongst EUR 13 billion of new EIB schemes
- “The work does not stop at Paris” resolves EIB, welcoming global deal on climate