Grant application for JWF funds 2016 to be open shortly
The Japan Water Forum (JWF) accepts applications every year for JWF Fund to meet the upcoming Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and to find solutions to help advance a sustainable global society. The Funds seeks to resolve and reduce water-related problems in least developed & developing countries.
Grass root Organizations in least developed and developing countries can apply for these funds under two themes respectively-
- Theme 1: Innovative Solutions for Water and Sanitation
- Theme 2: Water-related disaster risk reduction
Grants of up to US$ 1,000 per project will be awarded to the selected applicants.
- Applicants can be any grass-roots organizations in least developed or developing countries.
- Water-related disasters eligible for funding under theme 2 can include those caused by hurricanes, cyclones, typhoons, floods, storm surges, landslides and tsunami.
- Projects proposals that are in collaboration with schools, hospitals and other local communities will be preferred.
- National governments, local governments and private companies are not eligible to apply.
How to apply
The designated application forms should be downloaded individually and submitted by e-mail through different links as per the applied theme. The forms must be filled in English.
2015 Award Recipients
- 2015 Grants are awareded to Shama Social Village Development Organization, Pakistan for providing clean drinking water in flood areas of village Nisatta – Charsadda in Pakistan.
- Other 2015 Grants are awarded to Right Livelihood and Empowernment Organization ( RLEO) in Tanzania for Construction of 1 open well, 1 ECOSAN toilet and 1 hand washing facility, and holding of 3 training in WASH programs in the community of Yawokofe, Tanzania.
- Grants are awarded to Bashabo Friends Association (BFA) in Bangladesh working to strengthen community engagement on the construction and repair of a hygienic toilet facility in Alliance Primary School, Pader Town Council in Bangladesh.
Other Past Grantees
- BASCO foundation for construction of Arsenic-free Deep Tube-well in Bagdi community and operating skill development training in Bangladesh.
- Khmer Association for construction of a water pump in a school to improve the access to safe water for 98 students in (CAWPIS) in Cambodia.
- Jagaran Nepal for constructing five raised hand pumps for safe water, and promoting awareness on WASH through three school based campaigns in Nepal.
- Model Community Development Society (MCDS) for training, construction and installations of two low-cost grey-water reuse systems for improved irrigation in Kumaltar Village, Kathmandu, Nepal.
For more information, please visit JWF Grants 2016.