Apply for WFN’s Whitley Awards 2018! A Chance to Win Up to £40,000 GBP
Deadline: 31 October 2017
The Whitley Fund for Nature (WFN) is seeking applications for its Whitley Awards 2018 to support outstanding nature conservationists around the developing world.
- Find and fund the most effective grassroots conservation leaders in developing countries.
- Support the scale-up of projects with a track record of success, founded on scientific evidence and community involvement.
- Fund practical work that will have a long-lasting impact on the ground.
- Provide a platform for winners to boost their national and international profile.
- Work with winners to improve awareness of the serious problems facing biodiversity worldwide and address them through effective and inspiring solutions.
Whitley Awards are worth £40,000 GBP in funding, to be spent over a period of one year.
- Whitley Awards are for successful and dynamic, mid-career conservation professionals who are leading wildlife conservation projects that involve local communities.
- WFN seek applicants from grassroots conservation NGOs incorporated in biodiversity-rich developing countries, rather than in-country staff from NGOs headquartered in developed countries.
- Application to the Whitley Awards is open and applicants do not need to be nominated.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial, Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit WFN Whitley Awards 2018.