Once you have determined you are eligible you can download the application package. Downloading a grant application package allows you to complete it offline and develop and review it with your organization before submitting. Before downloading, you need to ensure your Adobe software version is compatible with Grants.gov.
Awarding agencies can post single-project and multi-project application packages in Grants.gov. To download either a single- or multi-project application package, follow the steps below, and then refer to the subsequent single- or multi-project download instructions.
Access the “View Grant Opportunity” page by clicking the Funding Opportunity Number link in the Search Grants results.
- Click the Package tab on the View Grant Opportunity page and then on the Select Package link under the Actions column for the application package you wish to download.
- Review the on-screen information to confirm that you are downloading the correct application package.
- Applicants can decide whether to enroll in automated email notifications. These emails notify, the applicant, when the application package was changed and republished on Grants.gov by the grant-making agency.
- To Enroll – Enter your email address in both the Email and Confirm Email fields, then click the Submit button.
- To Not Enroll – Select the No, I do not wish to provide my email address option, then click the Submit button.
Note: If you choose not to enter your email address and the application package is deleted or modified by the awarding agency, you may receive a rejection notice upon submitting the application package.
- Click on the Download Instructions link and thoroughly review the Application Instructions to ensure you are eligible and meet all other requirements before applying.
- Follow the instructions based on whether you are downloading a single-project or multi-project application package.
How to Download a Single-Project Application Package
- Click the Download Package link. You will be directed to open or save the application package PDF to your computer.
- Select from the following actions for opening and saving an application package:
- To open the application package, click the Open button and the application package will open in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- To save the application package, click the Save button and the file will be saved to the default download location on your computer.
- To save the application package to a specific folder, click the Save as button and browse to the location where you would like to store the application package on your computer or network. Enter the name of the application in the File Name field for a specific location on your computer and click Save.
- To view the application package, open the PDF file that you saved to your computer or network.
How to Access a Multi-Project Application Package
- Click the Go to Agency Multi-Project System link from the Package tab on the View Grant Opportunity page.
- The system will open the federal grant-making agency’s multi-project system website.
Note: This website is external to Grants.gov and will open in a separate browser window.
Follow the instructions provided on the awarding agency’s website.