Deadline: 30 January 2017
The Green Star Awards are now open for nominations and invite outstanding individuals or organisations that have made remarkable efforts to prevent, prepare for, and respond to environmental emergencies – as well as to integrate environment with humanitarian action across the world.
The biennial Green Star Awards, are a collaborative initiative between the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), Green Cross International (GCI), and the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
The selection of the nominee will be based on the three categories:
- Prevention and Preparedness
- The efforts to increase awareness of communities, disaster responders, governments and industries on the impacts of environmental emergencies, to prevent environmental emergencies, and to improve preparedness for future disasters by building capacity at various levels.
- The efforts to ensure that effective and timely responses are provided in case of environmental emergency.
- Environment and Humanitarian Actions
- The efforts to consider environmental issues as part of a holistic response effort, by ensuring that environmental considerations are duly integrated in the humanitarian programme cycle – including strategy development, contingency planning, resource mobilization, performance monitoring and evaluation.
Governments, organizations, companies and individuals are eligible to apply for the awards.
How to Apply
Nominations are to be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Green Star Awards.