Deadline: 18 October 2017
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is currently inviting applicants for its Hilton Humanitarian Prize 2018 in order to recognize and advance the efforts of the recipient organization, but also to call attention to the worldwide need for humanitarian aid and to encourage others to expand their support.
- Extraordinary contributions toward alleviating human suffering
- Established record of achievement
- Demonstration of long-term sustainable impact
- Ability to serve as a model for other nonprofits
- Demonstration of effective partnerships
- Innovation in program design
- Organizational capacity and administrative efficiency
- Nominee eligibility
- Nominees must be organizations, not individuals.
- Nominees must be established, nongovernmental, publicly supported charitable organizations. U.S. Internal Revenue Service tax-exempt status—or the equivalent for international organizations—will determine eligibility. (International nominees will be contacted by the Foundation for appropriate documentation.)
- Nominees must be legally established for at least five years in order to be considered.
- Nominees must have audited financial statements and an operating budget (expenditures) greater than U.S. $750,000.
- Nominator qualifications
- The nominator should have direct knowledge of the nominated organization’s work.
- The nominator may not be an officer or employee—or any other individual receiving remuneration for his or her services from the nominated organization. Board members may nominate providing they receive no payment for their service.
- The nominator may not be a family member of an officer or employee of the nominated organization.
- The nominator may not be the founder of the nominated organization.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Humanitarian Prize.