Deadline: 14 November 2017
The World Travel & Tourism Council is seeking nominations for its Tourism for Tomorrow Awards 2018 that are one of the world’s highest accolades in the Travel & Tourism sector, aimed at recognising best practice in sustainable tourism.
- Community Award: The Community Award is for any Travel & Tourism organisation that is working to improve the lives and opportunities for communities where it operates. The award can be for an organisation that has worked exceptionally to enhance the capacity of the community, for community engagement, to provide health and education facilities, for the empowerment of local people and increasing the spread of benefits.
- Destination Award: The Destination Award is about the places where tourism takes place. Typically, this will mean a region, state, city, town or national park that is working to create greater sustainability through its Travel & Tourism sector. The award can be for destinations that have worked exceptionally in any aspect of sustainability i.e. economically, socially, culturally, environmentally or politically. Applicants may include national, regional or local authorities, NGOs, businesses, or community organisations on behalf of the destination.
- Environment Award: The Environment Award is for any Travel & Tourism organisation that is working to improve the natural environment through its practices. The award can be for an organisation that has worked exceptionally to improve bio-diversity, promote conservation, minimise use of scarce resources or developed mitigation and adaptation strategies for climate change.
- Innovation Award: The Innovation Award aims to identify future solutions to current sustainability challenges. The kind of innovation can relate to the process, product, delivery or financing of the approach, but it should be new to the world and not simply new to an organisation or destination. The award can be for projects that have worked exceptionally to develop an innovative solution to problems such as mitigating impact on climate change, reducing demands on scarce resources, promoting bio-diversity or improving health and well-being. Applicants must be able to demonstrate the cutting-edge features of their project.
- People Award: The People Award is for any Travel & Tourism organisation, or partnership of organisations that are working to improve the career opportunities for people within the Travel & Tourism sector. The award can be for organisations that have worked exceptionally to enhance the capacity of individuals and groups of people to enter the Travel & Tourism sector, to aid the recruitment and retention of underrepresented groups, to develop skills for those already employed to advance in the sector and to offer fair employment practices.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Tourism for Tomorrow Awards 2018.