Deadline: 21 May 2018
The Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA), with the support of the African Development Bank (AfDB), in collaboration with the African Green Revolution Forum (AGRA), Women in Tech Africa, Wennovation Hub (Nigeria) and Suguba (regional), has launched a program entitled “Pitch AgriHack 2018” to contribute to the transformation of the agricultural sector and promotion of youth employment.
The theme for this year’s edition is “Women entrepreneurs innovate for agricultural transformation in Africa, the Caribbean and the Pacific”.
Two categories are available:
- Early stage platform: This is for e-agriculture applications and platforms that have already been developed but that may still need software or business model improvements. Participants must be able to demonstrate the business potential and functional features of their applications or platforms.
- Advanced platform: This category is for e-agriculture applications and platforms that are already in operation and generating revenues.
Prizes and other benefits
- Up to nine winning companies (including up to five women-led companies) will receive from CTA, AfDB and partners involved a cash prize of up to €15,000 (per start-up), as well as promotional support, additional capacity building and networking opportunities.
- Some may eventually also benefit from investments from other partners. For more information on prizes, check this page on the Pitch AgriHack blog.
- Only start-ups already incorporated (registered in the eligible countries) and those about to complete registration can apply for the Pitch AgriHack. Proof of completion of the registration process is a pre-requisite for the physical attendance in the final.
- The founders (at least one official founder) of the business should be aged between 18 – 35 years , and be nationals of, and resident in African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries signatories of the Cotonou Agreement with the European Union (mentioned below). Applications can be submitted in French or English.
- Only start-ups with a working ICT application can participate.
- Past winners of Pitch AgriHack who received grants from CTA are not eligible to take part in this edition. Applications that won AgriHack hackathons but have not benefited from any grant from CTA are eligible. Any institution having benefited from a CTA grant for its ICT platform cannot apply with the same plate-forme.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Belize, Cape Verde, Comoros, Bahamas, Barbados, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chad, Central African Republic, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Kinshasa), Cook Islands, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Dominica, East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Mauritania, Federated States of Micronesia, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Uganda, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Saint Christopher and Nevis, Saint Vincent and Grenadines, Saint Lucia, Solomon Islands, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Tanzania , Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit Pitch AgriHack 2018.