Deadline: 31 January 2019
The Department is now inviting applications from national organisations in the community and voluntary sector to apply for funding under a new round of Scheme to Support National Organisations (SSNO) 2019-2022. Pobal is responsible for managing the funding, in collaboration with the Department.
The overall aim of SSNO is to provide multi-annual funding towards the core costs of national organisations in the community and voluntary sector to assist them to operate and fund core staff positions.
SSNO’s primary focus is on the provision of core funding to national organisations that,
- provide supports (both direct and indirect) to those who are disadvantaged
- demonstrate good governance
- deliver services and supports that have a focus on one or more of the following:
- addressing poverty
- addressing social exclusion
- promoting equality
- The total budget available for SSNO is approximately €16.6 million over 3 years, subject to the annual estimates process, available resources, Government policy and Ministerial approval.
- Applicants can apply for a:
- Minimum grant award: €30,000 per annum
- Maximum grant award: €90,000 per annum
- The new round of SSNO (2019-2022) is open to organisations who have not previously applied for SSNO funding as well as organisations that are currently/previously funded under the Scheme. Applications are invited from national organisations in the community and voluntary sector. Applicants are eligible to submit one application to SSNO.
- To be eligible all applicants must:
- Demonstrate that their organisation meets the definition of a National Organisation i.e. Applicant’s application must provide evidence of a national membership (organisations and/or individual members) and demonstrate extensive reach and engagement across the country. National organisations that do not have a membership base but can demonstrate extensive reach and engagement across the country or a whole sector, in terms of the services and supports they provide, are eligible to apply under SSNO.
- Complete an official SSNO application form in full i.e. complete all mandatory questions and submit it to Pobal by the specified closing date and time.
- Only applications that meet the eligibility criteria will progress to the appraisal stage. If the applicant has failed to supply all of the required information in their application form, Pobal reserves the right to deem the application ineligible.
- The following organisations are ineligible to apply under SSNO:
- National organisations who are unincorporated associations; for example a PPN (Public Participation Network)
- Affiliated member groups of a national organisation
- Sub-groups or local branches of a national organisation
- National Traveller and Women’s organisations who are in receipt of core funding from the Department of Justice and Equality through the Support Scheme to Enhance Inclusion for Women and the Support Scheme for Travellers
- Organisations whose company registered office is outside the Republic of Ireland
- Private/For Profit organisations
- Consortia applications
- National Governing Bodies for Sport, unless the main aim and core activities of the national governing body is to support people with disabilities.
- Regional or local organisations
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.pobal.ie/programmes/scheme-to-support-national-organisations-ssno/