Deadline: 1 September 2016
The Prince Bernhard Nature Fund (PBNF) is currently accepting grant proposals from organizations with an aim to help save critically endangered flora and fauna in the tropical and subtropical regions of Africa, Asia and Latin America. Organizations from other regions can qualify for support if there is a substantial element of partnership with, and strengthening of local partner organizations.
The Fund prefers to act as a catalyzer of larger initiatives, and link its project support as much as possible to larger themes and organizations.
The Prince Bernhard Nature Fund was established in 1994 by the late Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands. The Fund’s mission is to support small, preferably local initiatives towards the conservation and wise use of nature and our natural resource base. Effectively the Fund aims to help save critically endangered flora and fauna.
Funding Information: The Fund provides up to EUR 25,000 to implement project.
Examples of Supported Projects
- Large Carnivore Seminar in Cameroon
- Conservation of Mountain Gorillas in Congo DC
- South Asia Vulture Recovery Program
- Protecting the Southern Ocean
- Crocodile-friendly villages in The Philippines
- A new Mobile Education Unit in Kenya
- Saving The Senkelle Swayne’s Hartebeest in Ethiopia
- Saving the Amur Leopard in the Russian Far East
- The application must demonstrate clarity and urgency of the conservation case.
- Application should be made for direct contribution to the utilization and development of local capacity.
- The amount of funding and/or conservation action (policy, community work) should be catalyzed by PBNF.
- The mid and long term sustainability of the results pursued by the project i.e. how will the results be sustained once the PBN Funding will have been fully used should be clearly mentioned.
- Preferably, the funding goes to organizations from the regions of Africa, Asia and Latin America, and sometimes in partnership with parties in Europe or North America.
- Applications must be written in English language.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Prince Bernhard Nature Fund.