Search for Common Ground (SCG) focuses on constructing a new world through a type of peacebuilding called conflict transformation. Its mission is to transform the way the world deals with conflict, away from adversarial approaches, toward cooperative solutions.
SCG partners with people around the world to ignite shared solutions to destructive conflicts working at all levels of society to build sustainable peace through three main avenues:
- Dialogue+: Whether at the local or national level, SCG brings people together across dividing lines to discover and achieve shared goals working with those traditionally in power and those without a platform, often women and youth.
- Media+: While a dialogue affects dozens, media impacts millions. SCG uses media to stir up thoughts and discussions across a whole society about the root causes of violence and how to overcome differences., and
- Community+: SCG provides a safe space for people to work out their conflicts at the local level. With some creative thinking, SCG brings divided communities, neighbors, and families together to discover their common humanity..
The principles are laid based on the philosophies below:
- Conflict is normal and resolvable
- Common ground is not compromise
- Conflict can be transformed
- Peace is a process
- Humankind is interdependent
- Conflict Sensitivity
- Natural Resource Conflicts
- Disarmament, Demobilization, & Reintegration
- Fair & Responsible Media
- Refugee & Internal Displacement Issues
- Gender Equality
- Security Sector Reform
- Governance, Democracy & Elections
- Sexual & Gender-Based Violence
- Interfaith Cooperation
- Violent Extremism
- Children and Youth
- Common Ground News Service
- Common Ground Productions
- Institutional Learning Team
- Sustainable Business Practice
- The Team
- Track II Mediation Unit
For more information, please visit SCG.