Deadline: 10 March 2017
Do you think you have a solution eliminate hunger during emergencies? A clever concept that allows people living in the most difficult conditions to produce nutritious food? A technology you’ve dreamt up that will quickly restore livelihoods and dignity in the midst of despair?
The Singularity University together with the World Food Programme (WFP) is currently inviting applications for the Global Impact Challenge to find new ways to provide food in emergencies.
This partnership offers applicants a unique combination of Silicon Valley exponential thinking and global expertise in food assistance and humanitarian response. It’s time to harness the combined power of exponential technology and innovative thinking to end hunger once and for all!
The programme challenges participants to design a low-cost, scalable solution that enables severely marginalized people to support their (five-member, on average) household food and nutrition needs in a sustainable manner that lowers their dependence on aid.
- Shortlisted winners will be invited to a bootcamp at the WFP Innovation Accelerator in Munich, Germany, where they’ll work on developing their ideas using lean startup and human-centered design methods, combined with WFP field expertise. The bootcamp will be hosted April 18-21, 2017.
- Following the bootcamp, one team (with a maximum of two members) will move on and secure a full sponsorship to attend Singularity University’s prestigious Global Solutions Program (GSP) hosted from June 17 to August 17, 2017, on the SU campus at the NASA Ames Research Center.
- The challenge is open to anyone, anywhere in the world
- Participant must be age 21 or older on the first day of the GSP
- Participant should be able to conduct yourself professionally in written and spoken English
- Participant should be able to participate in the 4-day bootcamp in Munich from April 18-21, 2017
- Participant should be able to participate in the entire GSP17 program from June 17 – August 17, 2017
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Global Impact Challenge.