Deadline: 7 February 2017
The Chilean Government is seeking applications for its “Start-Up Chile Seed Program” which is executed by Corfo, that attracts world class entrepreneurs in early stage to start their business in Chile, strengthening enterprise environment, supporting the culture of innovation in our country, and connecting with Latam to grow from this region to the world.
The goal of the program is to position Chile as the leading innovation and entrepreneurial hub of Latin America. This is a mission shared by the Government of Chile and the Ministry of Economy.
- This program will provide work visa for one year for the foreign teams that get selected and were appointed during the application. You can get up to $ 300,000 USD in perks like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft BizSpark, Facebook Start, among others. Finally, all teams are able to use our co-working space for up to 9 months after arrival to the program, 100% free.
- Equity free money: This grant will fund 90% of the total program costs, $20 Million Chilean pesos, per beneficiary.
- There is two ways in which applicants can apply:
- Anyone who’s over 18 years of age can apply to the program. Also, the founder (beneficiary) needs to dedicate full time to the startup.
- A Chilean Legal Person (Chilean company), for profit, and with no more than 36 months of age in the SII (Iniciación de actividades por no más de 36 meses en el Servicio de Impuestos Internos).
- Applicant’s Company cannot be older than two years of age, because Start-Up Chile Seed program are looking for early stage startups.
- Consulting companies, export/import companies and franchises are not accepted as they are not easily scalable on a global level.
How to Apply
Provide a 2 minute video, explaining whats the problem solved, introduce the team members and why are you applying to Start-Up Chile. Animated videos will be rejected.
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit Start-Up Chile Seed.