Deadline: 15 September 2016
The Information Society Innovation Fund (ISIF) Asia Awards is currently inviting entries from eligible entities, seeking to acknowledge the important contributions Internet technology innovators have made through creative solutions to the Asia Pacific region.
- Technical Innovation: access provision, electricity supply, devices, IoT, IPv6, security, privacy
- Community Impact: women & girls in IT, democracy enhancement, open data, applications for economic empowerment and poverty alleviation.
- Financial support for up to AUD 3,000 is allocated via a competitive process, plus a travel grant to attend the awards ceremony at a regional or global event chosen by the ISIF Asia secretariat. Innovation, Internet technologies and a development focus are integral part of the selection process.
- An additional AUD 1000, the Community Choice Award, will be given to the award winner that receives the higher number of votes from the community.
Each nomination will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Award nominations submitted by individuals on behalf of public or private sector organizations, university, or research and development institutions and non-government organizations will be considered. Individuals are not eligible for awards.
- ISIF Asia will ONLY support initiatives managed by organizations based in the Asia Pacific region, as described in the list of economies served by APNIC. The awarded funds will have to be invested within the Asia Pacific region.
- Award nominations must provide evidence of a demonstrated impact in their community.
- Award nominations must provide clear and concrete information about your organization, the team involved and their capabilities.
- Award nominations must be aligned to the funding categories within ISIF Asia scope. Clearly state the objectives of the project you are nominating, and how they are in concordance with the ISIF Asia objectives.
How to Apply
Entries must be submitted online via given website.
Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Canada, China, Chile, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos, Malaysia Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, New Caledonia, Niue, North Korea, Pakistan, Palau, Papua new Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Russia, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Vietnam, United States.
For more information, please visit ISIF Asia Awards.