Deadline: 6 October 2016
Swedish Institute is seeking applications for its She Entrepreneurs Leadership Programme. The institute is inviting women entrepreneurs who have already started to build a social business.
She Entrepreneurs is an initiative from the Swedish Institute (SI), a public agency that promotes interest and confidence in Sweden around the world. Swedish values and experiences include creating a sustainable and equal society globally. Sweden is a reputed innovation leader and gender equality role model.
The overarching purpose of She Entrepreneurs is to support young women social entrepreneurs in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region and Sweden and allow them to emerge with a strong and active network of likeminded women who support each other in driving important changes in society.
- During a total of two and a half weeks on two separate occasions, the She Entrepreneurs programme offers personal and professional development to women whose social enterprise delivers a solution for positive social change.
- The hands-on and practical study programme consists of seminars, workshops and interactive learning methods combined with reflection sessions, team-building and practical exercises. Facilitators and expert mentors are available for guidance. There are also study visits and meetings with inspiring social entrepreneurs.
- There is no fee for the programme. Travel, hotel and food expenses are covered by the Swedish Institute.
- Call for application opens: 6 September 2016
- Deadline for application: 6 October 2016
- Skype interviews: 7–11 November 2016
- Selected participants will be informed: (No later than) 10 December 2016
- She Entrepreneurs 2016 module 1 in Sweden: 27 March–7 April, 2017
- She Entrepreneurs 2016 module 2, location to be confirmed: 16–22 September, 2017
To apply to She Entrepreneurs you have to:
- have the drive, ambition and interest to use social entrepreneurship to implement a social business initiative that you have already started working on
- be a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen
- your social business initiative should be based and implemented in your country of citizenship or in one of the countries of the She Entrepreneurs programme listed above
- be between 20 and 36 years old
- have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
How to Apply
- A complete application consists of:
- a completed application form in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons
- an updated CV in English
- a photo (not compulsory).
- All application documents must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit She Entrepreneurs 2017.