Deadline: 1 January 2018
The Conservation, Food and Health Foundation is currently seeking entities for its Grant Program to promote the conservation of natural resources, improve the production and distribution of food, and improve health in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East.
The foundation supports projects that demonstrate strong local leadership, promote professional development in the conservation, agricultural, and health sciences; develop the capacity of local organizations; and address a particular problem in the field.
The average grant is approximately $20,000. Grants exceeding $30,000 are rarely awarded.
Area of Interest
The Conservation, Food & Health Foundation supports special projects and programs of non-governmental organizations in three primary fields of interest:
- Conservation grants help improve ecological and environmental conditions in the developing world. The foundation supports field research and related research activities, training, and technical assistance efforts that:
- help conserve viable ecosystems and protect biological diversity in developing countries
- train local leaders in conservation and protection of resources, with an emphasis on technical and scientific training
- Food grants support focused efforts to improve access to food for consumption and regional markets. Areas of interest include projects that:
- promote or develop specific sustainable agriculture practices with potential to advance science and practice in other countries
- explore and refine innovative education and training interventions for small scale food producers and farmers
- advance new approaches to control pests and diseases affecting important food crops of developing countries
- The foundation supports public health programs that are preventive rather than curative in nature. It supports research, technical assistance, and training projects that:
- improve public health through community-based efforts that address health promotion, disease prevention, family planning, and reproductive health
- increase the understanding and treatment of tropical diseases
- The foundation supports most types of non-governmental organizations that can provide evidence of their nongovernmental status or charitable purpose, the foundation will support:
- Non-governmental organizations (NGO)
- Nonprofit organizations
- Civil society organizations
- Community-based organizations
- Colleges, universities and academic institutions
- The foundation does not support businesses, government agencies, humanitarian relief organizations, other foundations or churches.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their applications online via given website.
- Africa: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- Asia: Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cyprus, Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
- Latin America: Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Venezuela, Peru, Cuba, Ecuador, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Uruguay, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Haiti.
- Middle East: Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
For more information, please visit The Conservation, Food and Health Foundation.