Deadline: 2 October 2017
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy to Mongolia is accepting applications for the 2018 Fulbright Specialist Program that promotes linkages between U.S. academics and professionals, and their counterparts at institutions abroad.
The Fulbright Specialist Program in Mongolia is open for Mongolian host institutions to submit single-visit project proposals for qualified U.S. scholars and professionals. The program awards grants for projects that will last between two and six weeks. Projects cannot begin prior to January 1, 2018 and must be completed no later than September 30, 2018.
- International travel costs and honorarium for successful projects will be covered by the Fulbright Program.
- Mongolian host institutions should be prepared to provide the Specialist with lodging, meals, and in-country transportation either through monetary or in-kind contributions, throughout their full stay in country.
- The stipend for in-country transportation should allow the Specialist to travel to and from their lodging and project activity site, as well as allow the Specialist to conduct local activities such as grocery shopping or visiting a local market, pharmacy, etc.
Types of Institutions: Institutions that may be eligible to request a Fulbright Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Institutions of Higher Education
- Government Institutions (ministries or agencies, courts, parliamentary or congressional bodies)
- Cultural Institutions (conservatories, museums, etc.)
- Non-Governmental Organizations including non-partisan, issue-centered institutions and think tanks
- Medical Institutions (public health organizations, teaching hospitals, etc.)
Eligible Project Activities: The Fulbright Specialist Program encourages host institutions to tailor projects to their own needs. However, all projects should have an education or training focus. Due to the short-term nature of the exchange, projects should have concrete objectives that can be achieved over the course of the Specialist’s visit. Past Specialists have supported host institutions by conducting activities such as:
- Delivering a seminar or workshop
- Consulting on faculty or workforce development
- Developing academic or training curricula and materials
- Lecturing at the graduate or undergraduate level
- Conducting needs assessments or evaluations for a program or institution
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit U.S. Embassy to Mongolia.