The Codification Division of the United Nations Office of Legal Affairs is seeks applications from developing countries and countries with emerging economies for the United Nations International Law Fellowship Programme in order to deepen their knowledge of international law and of the legal work of the United Nations and its associated bodies.
The Fellowship Programme provides high-quality training by prominent international law scholars and practitioners on a broad range of core subjects of international law. In addition, the interactive nature of the training allows the participants to share experiences and exchange ideas, which promotes greater understanding and cooperation on contemporary issues of international law.
- Fellowships cover the fellowship recipient’s travel costs in economy class, accommodation, medical insurance, participation in the Fellowship Programme.
- Participants will also receive a stipend to cover other living expenses.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Candidates must have a legal background with professional experience in the field of international law.
- The selected participants are required to submit a medical certificate of good health and to certify that they are able to attend the entire course period.
- The Fellowship Programme will accommodate 21 participants from developing countries and countries with emerging economies.
Applications usually open for this fellowship during December every year.