Deadline: 13 April 2017
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking applications from the eligible organizations and companies for its Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) for Global Health Challenges to seek opportunities to co-create, co-design, coinvest, and collaborate in the research, development, piloting, testing, and scaling of innovative, practical and cost-effective interventions to address the most pressing problems in global health.
It is to generate novel tools and approaches that accelerate and sustain improved health outcomes in developing countries.
The amount of resources made available under this BAA will depend on the Addenda issued, concepts received, and the availability of funds.
Criteria for Consideration
- Initial submissions are not evaluated against other submissions, but solely whether USAID believes that the submitter will be a valuable contributor to the co-creation process.
- Concept Papers are not evaluated against other submissions, but solely based on USAID’s determination that the Concept Paper will successfully address the Problem and Challenges set forth herein.
- Decisions regarding USAID’s pursuit of a particular project, technology or relationship are based on the available evidence, data and resulting analysis.
- The reputations of an organization, its past performance, the managerial and technical ability of the person or team of people engaged in the endeavor are always significant considerations in assessing the potential and the risks associated with each award.
- Additional criteria that may be considered under this BAA to indicate that the submission successfully addresses the Problem and Challenges will be specified in each Addendum.
- Public, private, for-profit and nonprofit organizations, as well as institutions of higher education, public international organizations, non-governmental organizations, U.S. and non-U.S. governmental organizations, multilateral and international donor organizations are eligible under this BAA.
- All organizations must be determined to be responsive to the BAA and sufficiently responsible to perform or participate in the final award type.
For more information, visit grants.gov.
Premium Video: How to Raise Funds from USAID. In this 90-minute video, you will learn about the USAID Geographic priorities, Issue Sectors and Financial Instruments & Eligibility; information sources for upcoming calls for proposals; and the Request for Application Process & the Basic overview on developing the Letter of Interest (LOI), Budget and Full Grant Application. Click here to login as a Premium Member to view it now. Not a Premium Member? Sign up here!