Deadline: 29 June 2016
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking applications from higher education institutions (HEIs) across disciplines and collaboration models to facilitate USAID mission and country efforts to improve development outcomes, from small to large-scale activities.
HEI partnerships developed under this Annual Program Statement (APS) must advance the development objectives and priorities that guide USAID’s development assistance programs and investments.
Under this APS, the requisite engagement, communication, exploration of interest and subsequent problem-solving collaborating is conducted through a four step process:
- Independent review of USAID strategies and objectives for alignment
- Submit a promising idea to a USAID Mission, Bureau or Independent Office (Mission/B/IO)
- Formulate prospective partnership activities, role and responsibilities with USAID
- Finalize an appropriate partnership agreement with USAID
- Qualified U.S. and non-U.S. colleges and universities (including minority serving institutions, community colleges, and women’s colleges), consortiums of HEIs, or research institutes.
- USG and USAID regulations generally treat colleges and universities as NGOs, rather than governmental organizations; hence, both public and private colleges and universities are eligible.
- This APS intends to make awards to Higher Education Institutions. Capable partners must demonstrate experience in the proposed areas and sectors of work with USAID and other partners.
- All applicants must be registered in CCR and have a DUNS number unless exempt under 22 CFR 25.100 to be eligible to submit a Concept Paper under this APS.
- USAID will not accept Concept Papers from individuals.
- Foreign governments, state and local governments and USG departments and agencies may also not submit Concept Papers to USAID under this APS.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Higher Education Institution Partnerships.
Premium Video: How to Raise Funds from USAID. In this 90-minute video, you will learn about the USAID Geographic priorities, Issue Sectors and Financial Instruments & Eligibility; information sources for upcoming calls for proposals; and the Request for Application Process & the Basic overview on developing the Letter of Interest (LOI), Budget and Full Grant Application. Click here to login as a Premium Member to view it now. Not a Premium Member? Sign up here!