Deadline: 20 May 2016
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is seeking concept papers from qualified U.S. and Non-U.S. organizations to fund a project entitled “Advancing the development and licensure of vaginal rings and innovative systemic methods for prevention of HIV infection in women”.
- Expedite activities required for licensure and market introduction of a dapivirine ring product and bridging opportunities to progress toward licensure of a next generation ring product (e.g. 90 days or more). These should coordinate with and build upon past and other ongoing projects.
- Support development and optimization of systemic microbicide or multipurpose prevention technologies (MPTs) (e.g. products that combine prevention of HIV with prevention of pregnancy)
Funding Information: Subject to funding availability, USAID intends to provide $50,000,000 in total USAID funding over a 5 (five) year period.
- To be eligible to receive a Cooperative Agreement an organization must be a Non-Federal Entity per 2 CFR 200.69.
- Faith-based and community organizations are eligible to apply.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations able to foster strategic collaborative partnerships and maximize leveraging of resources
- Each Recipient must be a responsible entity. The Agreement Officer may determine a Pre-Award survey is required and if so, would establish a formal survey team to conduct an examination that will determine whether the prospective Recipient has the necessary organization, experience, accounting and operational controls, and technical skills – or ability to obtain them – in order to achieve the objectives of the program.
- Applications from will not be considered for award.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations that have not previously worked with the Agency.
- Applicants must have established financial management, monitoring and evaluation processes, internal control systems, and policies and procedures that comply with established U.S Government standards, laws, and regulations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit their concept papers electronically via given website.
For more information, please visit this link.
Premium Video: How to Raise Funds from USAID. In this 90-minute video, you will learn about the USAID Geographic priorities, Issue Sectors and Financial Instruments & Eligibility; information sources for upcoming calls for proposals; and the Request for Application Process & the Basic overview on developing the Letter of Interest (LOI), Budget and Full Grant Application. Click here to login as a Premium Member to view it now. Not a Premium Member? Sign up here!