Deadline: 31 August 2016
The Venture Capital For Africa (VC4A) is seeking proposals for Africa Tech Now Village that offers promising African Startups the ability to demonstrate their innovations during the show. It aims at identifying and promoting the (10) ten best Start-ups of the African technological ecosystem.
Africa Tech Now is the event showcasing the African entrepreneurship ecosystem at International CES 2017, promoting the continent as the next digital and innovation hub.
The competition is open to technology start-ups based in Africa with the aim of selecting the most promising ones. The selected start-ups will have the unique opportunity to exhibit their tech innovations in Las Vegas and get international exposure. The applications will be reviewed by a panel of international experts who will select the 10 best start-ups.
The 10 selected start-ups will be offered the incredible opportunity to attend the CES in Las Vegas free of all charges. They will be offered:
- Before CES: workshop trainings;
- At CES: Participation as an exhibitor or a visitor; Invitation to VIP networking events.
- The Contestant’s activities must be in the field of new technologies and digital transformation.
- It must have its Registered Office Address in an African country.
- Alternatively, the project can be carried out by African diaspora’s members and must have a strong impact on the African continent.
- Start-up must be a registered company not older than 3 years
- Product / service / app must be a ground-breaking innovation.
- Product / service / app must be applicable to the consumer technology space.
- Special attention will be given to “Tech changing the world” innovations: innovations contributing to sustainability & inclusion.
- Special attention will also be given to start-ups that stand out in the field of Transport, Tourism & Technology.
- Air France as a partner will offer flight tickets to 3 start-ups among the 10 selected as part of the Air France Award.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit Africa Tech Now Village.