Deadline: 21 December 2016
WSBE17 Hong Kong – International Youth Competition invites imaginative ideas, projects and action plans that best demonstrate an innovative interpretation of the Conference theme “Transforming Our Built Environment through Innovation and Integration: Putting Ideas into Action”.
All shortlisted teams will:
- Display brilliant ideas at WSBE17 Hong Kong
- Be known to over 1,800 global industry experts
- Present in front of a panel of internationally acclaimed judges
- Win a cash prize of HK$10,000 and 2 Conference Tickets
- The Competition is open internationally to multidisciplinary teams meeting the following requirements.
- Age: 30 or below
- Each team must consist of:
- At least 2 full-time tertiary students who study in sustainable built environment-related disciplines, e.g. Architecture/ Engineering/ Green Building Studies/ Building Technology/ Urban Planning and Design/ Landscape/ Surveying, etc.,
- At least 2 team members from other subjects such as natural sciences, social sciences, economics, medicine, etc.
- Team Size: Up to 8 members (Each team can invite 1 consultant as team counsel to provide professional advice.)
- Presentation panel:
- 1 panel in A1 size laid out in landscape format must be digitally submitted in one single file.
- The panel should include a brief profile of all team members with a 100-word executive summary in English. The summary should describe the key concepts and features relevant to the competition theme and requirements.
- File Format and size: The file must be saved as high resolution PDF capable of being conveniently viewed on a computer screen as well as to be printed out to A1 size for exhibition (300 dpi).
- Content: The content should be sufficient to convey a clear understanding of the Conference theme. The panel could consist of drawings, rendered images, photographs, thumbnails, text or anything entrants find suitable to illustrate their ideas.
- Copyright: All work submitted must be the applicant’s original work. It is the applicant’s sole responsibility to ensure that the work submitted does not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark and design rights.
- Applications must be submitted via online system.
For more information, please visit International Youth Competition.