Deadline: 11 August 2019
Do you have a big idea that could improve early childhood development, pre-primary and primary school education or women’s economic empowerment in Addis Ababa? If yes, then applicants could receive a grant of Birr 40,000 and a spot in their accelerator program!
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Applicant’s solution must improve either:
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- early childhood development,
- pre and primary education, or
- women’s economic empowerment in Addis Ababa.
Selected individuals will receive a place in Reach for Change’s Accelerator program, which includes:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- A start-up grant of Birr 40,000 to run a pilot and bring their ideas to life
- Tools to develop and support their initiatives and gain leadership skills
- Mentorship, training and advice from Reach for Change and external experts.
- Access to a network of other social entrepreneurs
- The possibility of progressing into their Incubator Program, gaining a further grant of up to Birr 40,000, and intensive coaching in areas such as business development, financial management, branding and communications, leadership and expansion strategy, enabling these individuals to build strong, scalable social enterprises.
They are looking for innovative solutions that will improve the lives of children in Addis Ababa. They especially look for ideas or initiatives that:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Are innovative – social innovations that are unearthing fresh new ways to impact children. Digital innovations are welcomed and environmentally friendly solutions are encouraged.
- Will have big social impact – social innovations that can solve pressing problems faced by children aged 0-18 years, as well as pregnant women and mothers of young children in Addis Ababa, especially relating to:
- Pre and primary school education: Ideas to improve access to and quality of pre and primary education for all
- Early childhood development: Ideas to supports children’s survival, health, development and learning
- Child protection: Ideas to increase safety of children aged 0-15, including reduction of child labor, victims of abuse, and orphans and child headed households.
- Are scalable – social innovations that have the potential to change the lives of many children in Ethiopia or even globally
- Can be financially sustainable – social innovations that have the potential to develop a business model which enables them to be financially sustainable in the long term.
- Can be system-changing – social innovations that can solve societal issues in a big way and in the long-term.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit http://ethiopia.reachforchange.org/en/apply/big-ideas-accelerator