Deadline: 11 August 2019
Do you have a big idea that could improve early childhood development, pre-primary and primary school education or women’s economic empowerment in Addis Ababa? If yes, then applicants could receive a grant of Birr 40,000 and a spot in their accelerator program!
Applicant’s solution must improve either:
- early childhood development,
- pre and primary education, or
- women’s economic empowerment in Addis Ababa.
Selected individuals will receive a place in Reach for Change’s Accelerator program, which includes:
- A start-up grant of Birr 40,000 to run a pilot and bring their ideas to life
- Tools to develop and support their initiatives and gain leadership skills
- Mentorship, training and advice from Reach for Change and external experts.
- Access to a network of other social entrepreneurs
- The possibility of progressing into their Incubator Program, gaining a further grant of up to Birr 40,000, and intensive coaching in areas such as business development, financial management, branding and communications, leadership and expansion strategy, enabling these individuals to build strong, scalable social enterprises.
They are looking for innovative solutions that will improve the lives of children in Addis Ababa. They especially look for ideas or initiatives that:
- Are innovative – social innovations that are unearthing fresh new ways to impact children. Digital innovations are welcomed and environmentally friendly solutions are encouraged.
- Will have big social impact – social innovations that can solve pressing problems faced by children aged 0-18 years, as well as pregnant women and mothers of young children in Addis Ababa, especially relating to:
- Pre and primary school education: Ideas to improve access to and quality of pre and primary education for all
- Early childhood development: Ideas to supports children’s survival, health, development and learning
- Child protection: Ideas to increase safety of children aged 0-15, including reduction of child labor, victims of abuse, and orphans and child headed households.
- Are scalable – social innovations that have the potential to change the lives of many children in Ethiopia or even globally
- Can be financially sustainable – social innovations that have the potential to develop a business model which enables them to be financially sustainable in the long term.
- Can be system-changing – social innovations that can solve societal issues in a big way and in the long-term.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit http://ethiopia.reachforchange.org/en/apply/big-ideas-accelerator