Deadline: 31 December 2017
Voice is currently inviting applicants for its Niger Sudden Opportunity Grant to respond a specific and unforeseen opportunities to influence policy or face a threatened / imminent attack on the enabling environment for civil society in Niger, in particular an impact Negative for the entire civil society and / or impact on one or more Voice target groups in one or more of the impact themes.
It is an opportunity for strategic advocacy, mobilization of civil society and / or collective action that can lead to changes in legal decisions, policies and laws, behavioral change and public Challenge discrimination, promote equality and access to opportunities, improve social welfare, Confront injustice and / or promote social development.
Possible interventions would require non-violent action, active participation of human rights defenders, private institutions and businesses, religious leaders, NGOs and interested individuals or intellectuals who collectively seek promotion and protection Civil and political rights as well as the realization of the economic, social and cultural rights of the groups targeted by Voice.
- Improved access to (productive) resources (eg finance, water and land) and employment
- Improved access to social services, health and education
- Space for participation and citizen engagement
This grant is available between € 5,000 and € 200,000 for an intervention that will not last more than 12 months.
- Persons with disabilities
- Women at risk of exploitation, abuse and / or violence
- Vulnerable and age-discriminated groups, especially young people and the elderly
- The applicant or lead organization works with Voice’s target groups to build their capacity to lobby and advocate for their interests and voices.
- The applicant (and all co-applicants, in the case of a consortium application) represents an organization with key values similar to Voice’s objectives, namely equitable treatment and equal rights to Human beings, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, social status and age.
- Organizations proposing to work with two target groups as a consortium are strongly encouraged to submit a proposal. For example, local organizations that are experts in people with disabilities work with a women’s organization to integrate gender into their component.
- The minimum requirements for Voice are registration and a bank account on behalf of the organization.
- The organization, or the principal applicant for consortia, is a local Nigerian organization with a bank account number on its behalf.
How to Apply
Applicants can send their concept note at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Niger
For more information, please visit Niger Sudden Opportunity Grant.