Deadline: 11 December 2019
Applications are now open for Active Citizens Fund (ACF) to contribute the reduction of economic and social disparities in the European Economic Area and to strengthen bilateral relations between the Donor States and the Beneficiary States.
Programme is based on common values of respect for human dignity, freedom, democracy, equality, the rule of law and the respect for human rights including the rights of persons belonging to minorities.
Active Citizens Fund follows a common results-based framework, based on which fund operators in each beneficiary country in cooperation with FMO and with help of public consultation identify and set their outcomes and outputs that shall contribute to realisation of the expected results on the level of the programme.
Overall focus of Active Citizens Fund (ACF) 2014-2021 as a part of Civil society programme of FMs is set to long-term sustainable development and capacity building of non-governmental sector. Main objective of ACF on the EU level is ‘Civil society and active citizenship strengthened and vulnerable groups empowered’.
Programme aims at strengthening the role of non-governmental organisations in promotion of democracy, public inclusion in decision-making processes on national and local level and human rights protection. An important priority of the programme is also strengthening of bilateral cooperation between civil society organisations from Slovenia and organisations from donor countries -Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
- Total indicative budget of the call is 1.530.000,00 euros. The means are divided between two categories of projects:
- Medium grant
- Minimum amount: 20.000 EUR;
- Maximum amount: 60.000 EUR.
- Large grant
- Minimum amount: 60.001 EUR;
- Maximum amount: 120.000 EUR.
- Medium grant
Active Citizens Fund priority areas of support are:
- Democracy, active citizenship, good governance and transparency;
- Human rights and equal treatment through combating any discrimination on the grounds of racial or ethnic;
- Origin, religion or belief, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation or gender identity;
- Social justice and inclusion of vulnerable groups;
- Gender equality and gender-based violence;
- Environment and climate change.
Expected outcomes of the ACF in Slovenia are:
- Strengthened civil society watchdog/advocacy role;
- Increased support for civic education and human rights;
- Vulnerable groups are empowered;
- Enhanced capacity and sustainability of CSOs and sector;
- Strengthened bilateral cooperation between civil society organisations from Slovenia and organisations from donor countries;
- Strengthened regional civil society cooperation.
To realise these goals and address challenges identified in common effort with NGOs in Slovenia, programme is set to:
- Financially support areas or activities which are under-financed or not financed at all in Slovenia, and organisations working in under-served areas as well as under-served target groups;
- Strengthen financial stability of non-governmental organisations, especially those working in the fields of democracy and human rights;
- Encourage use of innovative methods for promotion of active participation of individuals, including vulnerable groups;
- Empower vulnerable groups, including Roma and migrants;
- Promote development of innovative methods to strengthen advocacy, fund-raising, transparency and accountability of NGOs;
- Promote inclusion of youth.
Eligible applicant is therefore an organisation:
- That is a private-law legal entity established in Republic of Slovenia;
- Was established exclusively by domestic or foreign natural or legal persons under private law;
- Is non-profit (organisation that based on the law or its founding document uses its profits or surplus of revenue over expenditure exclusively for realisation of its purpose or goals; does not divide its property among its founders, members or other persons, and in the event of its termination, after settlement of its obligations, its property is transferred to another nongovernmental organisation with the same or similar purpose, or non-profit legal entity of public law);
- Is not established to generate profit (organisation that based on the law is not established with the intention of for-profit operation or with the intention of making profit or with the intention of development, facilitation or promotion of for-profit operation of their founders or members);
- Is independent of other subjects (organisation whose management body, administrative body and supervision body do not consist of more than a quarter of representatives of the state, local self-governing community, other public-law entities, barriers of public authority, international intergovernmental organisations, political parties, trade unions, chambers and corporate entities, or natural persons who independently engage in a gainful activity on the market, or representatives of other entities that are not non-profit);
- Is not organised as political party, a church or other religious community, trade union or chamber.
How to Apply
Applications must be submited electronically at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Slovenia
For more information, please visit https://acfslovenia.si/calls/medium-and-large-projects/?lang=en