Deadline: 15 August 2017
The CIVICUS is currently accepting applications for pilot national civil society assessment in El Salvador, Georgia and Indonesia. The aim of this proposal is to assess how conducive national conditions are for civil society organisations (CSOs) to exist, function and act.
The EENA is a project of the Civic Space Initiative, which is implemented by CIVICUS in partnership with ICNL, ARTICLE 19, and the World Movement for Democracy with support from the Government of Sweden.
The project partner will follow the EENA research guide, which provides a step-by-step guide to implement the EENA. More specifically:
- The project partner will assemble an Expert Advisory Panel and a Research Team;
- The Research Team will conduct desk research, interviews, surveys and focus group discussions with civil society stakeholders;
- The Research Team will develop a preliminary Country Report to be presented at the multi-stakeholder dialogue;
- The project partner will organise and assemble a multi-stakeholder dialogue;
- The Research Team will adjust and finalise the Country Report;
- The project partner will draft and finalise an Advocacy Plan, outlining advocacy priorities and actions to take based on the EENA research findings.
Applicants must be non-profit national civil society organisations operating in either El Salvador, Georgia or Indonesia.
- Familiarity and experience with research methodology design, legal research, primary research methods and report writing and publication;
- Familiarity with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), in particular with SDG targets 16.10 and 17.7, and the SDG structures and processes in place in the respective country;
- Evidence of past research publication on topics including the enabling environment for civil society, civic space, or related topics will be considered an advantage;
- Experience in conducting human rights advocacy and campaigning;
- Strong connections with a diverse range of civil society organisations in the country, including NGOs, organisations supporting marginalised groups, human rights organisations, anti-corruption organisations, grassroots organisations, trade unions and social movements;
- Demonstrable capacity to conduct outreach and research beyond the capital cities, to rural and grassroots environments.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: El Salvador, Georgia and Indonesia
For more information, please visit CIVICUS.