Deadline: 30 September 2016
The European Union (EU) is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for a thematic Programme “Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) and Local Authorities (LAs)” with an aim to support CSOs’ contributions to and increase their participation in inclusive national development and policy making, promote accountability, and to ensure that people are able to benefit from quality social services in Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean.
- CSOs as actors of governance and accountability
- CSOs as partners in promoting social development
- CSOs as key stakeholders in promoting inclusive, equitable and sustainable growth
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between EUR 200,000 and EUR 400,000.
The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 24 months nor exceed 48 months.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person and
- be non-profit-making and
- be a specific type of organisation such as defined by Annex B of the Regulation (EC NO 233/2014 establishing a financing instrument for development cooperation (DCI)15 and
- be established in 16 a Member State of the European Union or in Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the coapplicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations
- The lead applicant must declare that the lead applicant himself, the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies) are not in any of these situations.
- The lead applicant may act individually or with co-applicant(s) as specified hereafter. For applicants not established in Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, the involvement of at least one co-applicant established in Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, is obligatory. Partnerships/ consortia with local organisations are strongly encouraged.
- If awarded the grant contract, the lead applicant will become the beneficiary identified as the Coordinator in Annex E3h1 (Special Conditions). The Coordinator is the main interlocutor of the Contracting Authority. It represents and acts on behalf of any other co-beneficiary (if any) and coordinates the design and implementation of the action.
- International (inter-governmental) organisations as defined by Article 43 of the Rules of application of the EU Financial Regulation17 are NOT eligible.
How to Apply
In order to apply for the grants, applicants have to register themselves in PADOR, an on-line database via given website.
Eligible Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic ofCyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France,Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK, Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.