Deadline: 23 March 2020
In partnership with the Office for Cooperation with NGOs of the Government of the Republic of Croatia, the French Embassy has launched its second Call for Proposals dedicated to civil society organisations.
The objective of this Call is to encourage the development of joint projects between Croatian and French civil society organisations.
This Call also allows Croatian NGOs to rely on the assistance of the French embassy throughout the implementation of the project. This Call is a conceived as a flexible instrument ensuring reactivity and minimum administrative constraints for project promoters.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
All projects must involve a French component in terms of the connection with a French organisation/s or institution/s, mobilization of French expertise or interest for an exchange of experiences with French stakeholders in order to promote mutual understanding and sharing of experiences between the two countries.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Priority will be given to the projects dealing with one or more of the following topics:
- Gender equality i.e. actions / activities aimed at:
- Dialogue and reconciliation i.e. actions / activities aimed at:
- Supporting intercultural and inter ethnic dialogue processes at local, regional and national levels with the aim to enhance peaceful cohabitation and promote reconciliation;
- Encouraging activities and exchanges of experiences aimed at spreading civic values and at promoting mutual trust and respect.
- Climate change and environment i.e. actions / activities aimed at:
- Protecting marine and terrestrial biodiversity, promoting sustainable waste management, circular and social economy;
- Promoting energy transition, adaptation and climate change mitigation through innovation, awareness and education activities.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- With a total budget of 15.000 EUR for 2020, this Call provides an opportunity for Croatian NGOs to benefit from a grant (up to max 3.000 EUR;
- The maximum duration of the project is 12 months. Projects should start in 2020 and should be completed by May 2021. Activities occurring prior to April 2020 cannot be funded.
The grant allocated under this call can cover expenses related to activities such as the organization of conference and round tables, study visits, advocacy, educational activities dedicated to children and youth, trainings, joint publications.
What types of activities can be supported?
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Organisation of conferences, roundtables, workshops and seminars involving French expertise;
- Activities oriented towards children and youth as target groups within the framework of cross-curricular subjects (on civic education, media literacy…);
- Organisation of study visits to France;
- Awareness raising, citizen mobilization and advocacy activities;
- Joint publications, trainings etc.
This list is not exhaustive. “One-off” conference or event without a clear line of follow-up activities should be avoided. Actions aimed at profit making activities are not eligible.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- The lead Applicant must be a non-profit civil society organisation registered in the Republic of Croatia and in the Register of Non-profit Organisations at least 12 months.
- The Applicant has transparent financial reporting (which can be seen in the Register of Non-Profit Organisations, RNO).
- Relevance of the project proposal to the particular needs and challenges faced by the Croatian society and alignment with the priorities of the call;
- Quality and relevance of the Franco-Croatian partnership. The ability of the French expertise to contribute to the expected outcomes of the project (even if such a partner is not known when applying to the Call);
- Feasibility of the proposed activities within the project implementation deadlines and quality of project design;
- Impact of the project at local, regional and national levels;
- Regional dimension of the activities of the project through (when appropriate) a cooperation with neighbouring countries.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted in English via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, visit https://udruge.gov.hr/news/second-call-for-proposals-of-the-french-embassy-for-csos-5088/5088